Wednesday, May 16

Chapter 14: Lillin


Grunt and Lillin traversed the think forest of Campwood to go to the next town.

“Sorry for dragging you out with me instead of letting you stay with Chris,” Grunt said. “There are reasons why I brought you with me.”

“Don’t worry. I need not be there with him. I’m sure he can handle himself,” Lillin replied.

Grunt smiled. “Thank you for the understanding. You are very different from him.”

“Haha. You just don’t know him so much yet,” said Lillin. “He probably has a bad temper, but that’s because he grew up with so much hatred against the fire goblins and the Cyclops.”

“Because of what happened in Seren…” Grunt remarked.

“Yes. But don’t blame yourself,” Lillin assured. “I noticed that he’s starting to change after he learned the truth about the incident and after killing the fire goblin’s leader.”

Lillin continued, “Chris is a really nice guy. He looks tough on the outside, but he’s actually very kind towards his closest friends. The reason why I’m still alive is because of him.”

“What happened?” asked Grunt.

“I grew up without parents. I usually just wander from town to town and hope for some people to give me food or money,” Lillin narrated. “Then one day, I met a boy who treated me kindly. He was so fond of my horns and my nose. He would usually give me candies and food that he hid from his parents so that he could give them to me.”

“And that boy is Chris?” Grunt asked.

Lillin nodded. “We became close friends that’s why I stayed in their town. Finally, he introduced me to his surrogate parents, and they’ve decided to adopt me. That was the best day of my life.”

“I see. So that’s why you always talk about this debt whenever you save him from an enemy.”

“It’s more than just paying a debt,” Lillin smiled. “Chris became very close to me that I simply want to protect him so long as I’m alive.”

The two adventurers reached the end of the forest and saw that Steeltop, the village of the Gremlins, is being attacked.

“Just as expected, they are attacking the main villages of the Humans, Cyclops, Satyrs, and Gremlins!” Grunt exclaimed. “Lillin, your mission now is not just to protect Chris, but to protect everyone! Let us help the resistance until Chris finishes his training.”

“With nature’s providence! I will protect Chris, and all the things that he’s destined to protect!” Lillin said with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment