Thursday, March 22

Chapter 7: Moving Forward

Chris and Lillin prepared to set out early the next morning. The sun shone beautifully. The village went back to its calm and peaceful state, as if no battle occurred just the day before.

“Aaaahh… it’s time to leave,” Lillin cheerfully said. “This is such a nice place, but the cold wind is too much for my skin.”

“Yeah…” Chris gave a weak reply.

Lillin felt sorry for Chris and gave him a hug. “It’s going to be alright, Chris.”

“All this time, I believed that the Cyclops abandoned us. My anger for them was just as much as my anger towards the fire goblins,” Chris said. “I can’t believe that I was wrong all along.”

“Where’s the strong-hearted Chris that I knew for a long time?” asked Lillin. “I’m sure the Chris that I know will just charge forward and kill fire goblins instead of thinking about something unnecessary.”

Chris let out a small smile. “Was that a compliment or an insult? Anyway, you’re right. Now I’ll definitely make sure there’s no fire goblin left in Uld before I die!”

Grunt and Gorlon went out of the house and saw Chris and Lillin.

“Leaving already?” asked Grunt.

“Yes. There’s no more reason for us to stay here,” replied Chris.

“I’ll come with you,” Grunt said.

Chris and Lillin were both surprised. Chris then asked, “Why are you coming with us? You don’t even know where we’re going.”

“I don’t have to know where. I just know that you’re going out to kill the fire goblins,” Grunt said. “I’ll help you. That’s what the village chief wants.”

Chris smiled, “If you’re going to help us, then you’re welcome to join. Just make sure you kill more than you eat. Haha.”

“Good luck with your journey, young ones,” Gorlon said. Then, he went to Grunt and said, “Farewell warrior. Remember what I told you last night.”

The three warriors walked towards the west, to follow the rumor about the fire goblin leader’s whereabouts. All of them are aware of the danger that’s coming to them, but they are all walking bravely, each with personal goals in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment