Wednesday, February 29

Chapter 4: Fight For Answers

“How dare you! Chief, you want me to crush the skull of this human?” exclaimed the Cyclops warrior.

“No. Let him speak,” says Gorlon. Turning to Chris, he politely said, “I am prepared to answer all your questions, but this is not the time for it. As you can see, the village is currently under attack.”

“I have no concern about the safety of this village. But if that’s what it takes to get answers from you, then I’ll gladly kill a thousand goblins,” Chris remarked.

Chris joined the other Cyclops warriors in the field to battle the endless wave of goblins and yetis. He swung his sword in rapid succession and killed the enemies, one after another.

“It can’t be!” exclaimed Gorlon.

“What is it?” asked the Cyclops warrior.

Gorlon humbly requested, “Grunt, could you help the human in the battlefield and observe if there is something peculiar with his sword?”

“Ok.”

Grunt, once again, fought side by side with Chris. It was a tiresome battle and the hope for the arrival of reinforcements seemed to be lying in the horizon. Grunt carefully observed Chris, but did not notice anything unusual. Chris, on the other hand, continued the slaughter, as if fueled by tremendous rage.

“Watch out, human!” Grunt shouted.

A grass goblin suddenly jumped over a yeti positioned at Chris’ blind spot, but it missed its target. It was already dead when it hit the ground. It was bleeding, and the mark was readily noticed by Chris. Running towards them was Lillin.

“Will you ever learn how to calm down? Rage will only result to your own demise,” said Lillin. “I am not always here to watch your back.”

“Heh. I will never learn to calm down as long as I know that you’re still watching my back,” Chris replied. “Thank you for saving me yet again.”

“My debt to you will always remain. I will always protect you until my last breath.” Lillin said with conviction.

Grunt interrupted the conversation, “You two save the chitchat for later. We have a village to protect and a thousand goblins to slay.”

At a distance, came a shout that gave life to the raided village. Reinforcements have finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment